Notice to Grocers, Wholesalers, & Distributors:
If you are interested in the opportunity of locating a new, one-of-a-kind store within the iconic Bates Mill No. 5 in downtown Lewiston, please contact the project developer, Tom Platz, of Platz Associates. To date, the exclusive opportunity to build a community-supported grocery marketplace is still available.
Grow L+A, and the LA community, are very invested in the vision of incorporating a grocery/good food marketplace into Bates Mill No. 5 in downtown Lewiston. To date, the exclusive opportunity to build a community-supported grocery marketplace is still available. Additional information and resources are linked below. We also can provide a copy of a favorable feasibility study for a supermarket in Mill 5 ranging from 10-30k sq ft. that was completed in 2013.
- Grocery Marketplace Community Values Statement (Download: PDF)
- Community Survey Results 2016- Mill 5 Grocery/Good FoodMarketplace (Download: PDF)
- Shared-Use Commercial Kitchen Research by Bates College ES Students 2015
- The History of the Quest for Food in Mill 5
- Supermarket in Mill 5 Feasibility Study, 2013 — To receive a copy, please email info [at] growla.org.